For Immediate Release
February 12th, 2015
Office of Senator Adam Ebbin
TEN BILLS FROM SENATOR EBBIN PASS VIRGINIA SENATE
Cites progress on job creation, equality, and taxpayer fairness.
RICHMOND – After the General Assembly’s halfway point, Senator Adam P. Ebbin (D-Alexandria) passed ten bills through the Virginia Senate that await consideration by the House of Delegates.
“In addition to working to pass my legislation through the House of Delegates, I will fight to shape the evolving omnibus ethics legislation to be both practical and restore public confidence in state government,” said Ebbin.
Senator Ebbin’s bills that passed the Senate:
- SJ216 – Ratifies the Equal Rights Amendment to the US Constitution.
- SB1008 – Increases pay for performance standards for job placement programs through the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- SB1181 – Expands non-discrimination protections in the public sector for members of the LGBT community. (Bill combined with SB785)
- SB1211 – Changes gender-specific references in the Code to be gender-inclusive to reflect the legality of same-sex marriage and adoptions
- SB857 – Requires hospitals to notify patients or their families if a patients status changes (Bill combined with SB750)
- SB1213 – Reestablishes the Commission on the Prevention of Human Trafficking which will develop strategies to combat human trafficking and provide recommendations for services to victims.
- SB1005 – Gives the option for taxpayers to receive their Virginia income tax refunds in the form of a paper check (Bill combined with SB701)
- SB1214 – Makes technical changes to the Alexandria City Charter
- SJ215 – A Constitutional amendment to allow the Governor to serve two terms in office (Bill combined with SJ263)